Sunday, March 18, 2007

Not my best week

Last week was not my favorite. I have to say that I'm glad it is over. After the indoor rain last week, I used a lot of silicone caulking and a new bathtub spout, but I managed to repair the bathtub. Now I just have a hole in the bathroom wall and some water stains on the sunroom ceiling to fix.

We finally decided to try and buy tickets for our trip to Utah and found that prices had gone up substantially. This left me feeling pretty down, and I was dreading telling my kids that we couldn't afford to visit grandparents this summer. Then on Thursday we found a really good deal. We decided that this was an answer to prayers and we decided to buy the tickets before it was too late. Whew. That is a relief.

Two weeks ago I was asked if I would present my research at a seminar on March 19th. I agreed to do this and spent all last week getting the slides ready for the presentation. Yesterday I got a flier for the seminar and my name was not on it. I emailed the administrator to ask if I was supposed to present and she told me that she forgot that I had accepted, so she scheduled someone else. I can't say that I'm completely disappointed not to have to present in front of a bunch of other people, but it was a little frustrating to waste all of that time getting ready for a seminar that I don't have to give.