Friday, January 26, 2007

My kids do listen to me

Mad is doing a school project on the tundra. His teacher told him that he should make sure to talk about global warming and the effects it is having on the tundra. He told his Mom that he wasn't sure to write about this because Dad says that global warming is a bunch of crap. I guess he only listens to me when I'm talking about something important. I noticed this morning that he had put down that global warming is making the polar ice caps melt and thawing the tundra, so we need to make less pollution because it warms everything up. I asked him why he decided to put global warming on the project and he said that it was because he could not think of anything else to write. So he took the lazy way out and went with the rest of the gullible world.

While I certainly hold to the opinion that he global warming is a bunch of crap, I should do a better job of expressing on my views in a more thoughtful and comprehensive way. Mad's last project was on Sweden and I told him that one good thing about living in Sweden is that everybody gets "free" healthcare and one bad thing about living in Sweden is that everybody gets the same crappy healthcare. I was just ranting but he put it in the report anyway. I think that he could not think of anything else to say. He ended up getting a good grade, so I guess my rant did not hurt him.