Friday, March 30, 2007

Great letter from a US Marine in Iraq

This letter should be required reading in schools and they should read it on every television news broadcast. Of course, these bastions of leftist thinking would never allow such truth and positive thinking to be promulgated in their domains. Here are a couple of clips.

I'm thankful that I was born and raised in the United States of America, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. We Americans have been blessed with such a unique and special country to call home. The United States is truly an exceptional nation that has been a blessing to the entire world. When you see America's power amassed in war, like I have, it's no wonder that America's enemies should tremble at our strength and power. At the same time, there is no more generous country than the United States of America. As the Marines of the 1st Marine Division from Camp Pendleton, CA say: there is "no greater friend and no worse enemy." I wish America's greatness and "manifest destiny", as well as the values of our Judeo-Christian values system which are the foundation of Western Civilization, were still taught with pride in our public schools.

Just yesterday, one my Iraqi interpreters, who is from Baghdad, told me that most of his Iraqi friends desperately want to know about America and Americans. I told him that Dennis Prager taught me that everything that Americans value can be found on a coin: "Liberty, "In God We Trust" and E Pluribus Unum" (out of many one).